1. The operetta first ---as a popular form of musical theater in the nineteenth century.
(A) to emerge
(C) has emerged
2. ---complex organic catalysts originating in living cells.
(B) Enzymes are
(C) Enzymes which are
(D) Enzymes while they
3. In the eastern part of New Jersey ---, a major shipping and manufacturing center.
(A) lies the city of Elizabeth
(B) the city of Elizabeth lies there
(C) around the city of Elizabeth lies
(D) there lies the city of Elizabeth around
4. Work in parapsychology, ---, has attracted a relatively small number of scientists.
(A) is a very controversial field
(B) which a very controversial field is
(C) a very controversial field
(D) a field very controversial which
5. ---, the constitution of the Cherokee Nation provided for a chief executive, a senate, and a house of representatives.
(A) In 1827 they drafted
(B) The draft in 1827
(C) In 1827 was drafted
(D) Drafted in 1827